Owing, I believe, to the nature of my work and skill set, I am constantly finding myself trying to solve all the world’s problems – which by now I found is impossible. Nevertheless, for some reason I draw immense pleasure out of conceptualizing and developing answers for many problems from a personal to global scale. What happens next is that I end up spending my free time pondering and formulating strategies to solve problems.This exercise in itself is probably futile for the most part, I do not have the time or resources to accomplish or implement most of my ideas. Still I keep on doing it for my own personal pleasure and knowledge enrichment. As a side product, the solutions I formulate make for some really good creative material that I then have to work with. So hopefully some of these ideas will at least make it into some of the creative media that I am still to generate one day. But for now, concepts are all that they will be.
Here are some examples of the type of concepts I keep myself busy with:
- Going off the grid. I love to work out plans and ways to make my house, town and country completely self sustaining. Using alternative energy (solar,wind) to run my house off the grid. Building my own security systems using robotics and current technology (smart devices, networks, radio). And as a test asking myself if the solution is “apocalypse proof” – then I start from scratch again.
- Buying an island and declaring it a new sovereign state. Then building up that island to a flourishing utopia.
- Using A.I drones for a delivery company to deliver fresh products (like milk) directly to houses on a weekly bases.
- Start a security company that is corporate sponsored/ad supported. So that you can have full-time private security personnel working in low-level income townships. The whole idea is that the security personnel, vehicles, and station will be branded in corporate colors – like: Coca Cola security or Naspers security.
- Building a nation-wide free wifi. All web browsing will de done through a proxy that has ad-space on. So you have ad-supported free internet all over the country.
- Privatising everything that is currently run by the government. The corporate sector does a way better job at running things for profit than any government does.